The BWI Archives
1877 ~ The Diocesan Inspection
The Diocesan Inspection
- 1877 -
Ruislip School was a school supported by the Church of England Parish of St Martin's within the Diocese of London. As such it had (and continues to have) visits from representatives of the London Diocesan Board of Education (now, 'of Schools') to ensure it provided (and continues to provide) part of its curriculum focused on the effective teaching of the Bible and of the teachings of the Established Church.
The February edition of the Parish Magazine took note of recent passes by Eliza Bedford, Fanny Collins and George Bryant, presumably examinations set by the Diocesan Board of Education testing religious knowledge that the examinees would be required to teach.
Church of England Schools
The Secretary has received the Report
of the Pupil Teachers’ Examination from the Inspector of the London
Diocesan Board of Education.
The annual diocesan inspection of the school took place in April and the report was summaried in the May Parish Magazine
in Religious Knowledge
The following Report has been received
by the Secretary.
Results of Examination in the several Classes and Subjects.
The course of
Lessons presented was sufficient, and has been faithfully and successfully
taught throughout the school. The infants did very well.
There are several backward boys in the lower half of the second
division, and the first division ought to show singly more capacity to
reason on the lesson received. The
Creed should be explained in every class.
The school is in excellent order, and the behaviour of the children
First uploaded: 16 April 2018