The BWI Archives
1952 ~ The Managers' Minute Books
Winnington-Ingram CE Primary School
- 1952 -
Below we present in outline a record of
the meetings of Managers in 1952. The year opened with two
meetings restricted to matters relating to the hall, and for which the
Managers appeared to have had a smaller sub-group.
There were then four full meetings.
The records for the year concluded with a second memorandum on the
newly built Coteford Primary School (a shorter note had been entered at
the end of 1951), in particular identifying its intended catchment area.
All minutes were in the hand of W. Dixon-Smith, often written
at speed and not always entirely legible.
The meetings dealt largely with building
related issues, for which only the side headings have been reproduced. We
have presented in full the sections relating to staff.
Miss Cassie had first taught at the school as a supply teacher in
April 1941. In June 1942
Thomas Wilkinson noted in the Log Book that she was ‘appointed to the
unestablished staff’. It
would seem, therefore that her contract was never made fully permanent.
There was no record, either in the Log Book or the Managers’
Minute Book, of further discussion of her employment or of the Vicar
having written a letter to the divisional office in 1946.
Miss Cassie had handed in her resignation prior to the meeting of 9th
July. Her frequent absences over the previous few years, coupled with the
visit to a specialist on July 24th and her rapid departure just three days
before the end of the school year, noted in the Log Book, suggests that
she may have left with significant health issues. Miss
Cassie’s post was filled by Mr Hall in time for him to start the new
school year at the end of August.
The Managers were finally able to
acquire a copy of the Conveyance Documents, the agreement to the transfer
of land on which the school was built in 1862 from Kings College Cambridge
to the Managers.
First uploaded: 21 April 2021